Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Testimony Thursday: He gives the desires of our heart

Like I mentioned before in a post, I’m not the most organized person but I would love to be organized. I always loved the idea of having a nice home. But somehow I didn’t seem to manage to have it for long. I was too busy and too tired to keep it up or often I felt down and/or stressed and then that stopped me from being able to do much.

But God promised in His word that He will give us the wishes of our heart.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 NIV

I'm feeling better in general -thanks to God- and this Summer I took some time to de-clutter the house. There is still much more to do, but we had a great start. I was able to make some changes here and there and to decorate the house a bit in the way I liked. I couldn’t afford expensive things but I picked up things here and there and got a lot from the carboot sale as well. It's almost hard to believe the treasures that you can find there for only a little bit of money.
And I’m really pleased with my house now. I’m so grateful to God that He gives us the wishes of our heart. I love my house now and I really see it as a home that I love to take care of and love to keep looking nice as much as I can. I especially love the kitchen, dining area and our bed rooms and will hopefully do a few room tours soon.



There is still some de-cluttering and organizing to do but that is mostly in the closets and cupboards now. And there are a few things that I want to add or change but that will come with time. I still have three kids who love to turn the house upside down from time to time but it's so much easier to get it back in order if you know that it will end up looking the way you like it: nice and lovely.

The bible says: But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be given to you as well.  Matthew  6:33 NIV  If we seek to please God in the way that we live and our hearts are right before Him, He will bless us and even do the unexpected.
He will give us that what is in our heart. He wants to do even those things that seem small to others but mean a lot to you.

Sometimes it takes some time before God gives us the wishes of our heart.  But He is gracious, good and faithful and if we stay in faith and stay close to Him, He will give us the wishes of our hearts in His time.

I love that about God, I love that about my walk with Him. I love to see His grace, His love and faithfulness, even in the smallest things and again and again they make my heart overflow with gratitude. Gratitude towards a loving God Who cares so much about me as an individual that He wants to bless me and make me happy and do things that matter to me.
He wants to do the same for you !

What is your testimony today?
What are you thanking God for?


Love,





Linking up with Thankful Thursdays, Proverbs 31 Thursdays, Faith Filled FridayHearts for Home and Fellowship Fridays.

Comments

jviola79 said…
Loved the photo of the flowers! It truly does take time to de-clutter & get a house to look like a home! I have been doing some of the same as we are getting closer to the start of a new school year. May God continue to give you energy to meet the demands of being a wife & mom. I visited from Faith Filled Friday.
Blessings,
Joanne
Ceil said…
Hi Chan! Nice to meet you today!

I think the fact that he gives us the desires of our hearts is such good news. But as you point out, the timing is his.

So happy that you feel good about your house! You might wish for more time, but God knows your heart and loves to make you happy!

From Faith Filled Friday,
Ceil
Rae said…
How wonderful that He gives us the desires of our hearts... and He is the author of those desires, too! This was a promise that I was taught by a sweet friend when I was single and praying for my future husband! Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se