Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Testimony Thursday Link up Party :Trusting God.

After the arrival of my third child there wasn’t much I was doing for the service of the Lord.
Having three small children made me feel more than a mum than ever and I accepted the fact that I would have less time to work for God.

I started to see being a mother as a ministry, something I could do for God.
Raising my children in the fear of the Lord, trying to be an example so they as little as they are will get to know the Lord and get to know how much He loves them and making them decide to choose to accept Him as their Lord when they are old enough to do so.
And so they could make a decision to live life Gods way, to walk in that plan that He has for their lives.

I believe that we as mothers have that task first of all. We are also part of Gods great plan for the world. We get to impart the word of God into the lives of our children.
What we say to them can keep them from making the wrong decisions, from going the wrong way.
We are Gods tools to get those little souls saved at some point in time.
God can or will use more people to influence the lives of our children. But He also uses us.

So even if for a while we get less chance to be fishers of men, we can be that with our own children.
And that’s a really beautiful thing. Glory to the Lord !!



As mums, with less time, we can also try to make time to intercede for others and for the church and different prayer subjects. This is something I should do more myself. Because even when we are in the middle of cleaning we can at the same time talk to God.

In our church they’ve been talking about tasks a lot these last weeks and every time it touches my heart and God reminded me that the one thing I can do for Him is use this blog for His glory.

So even though, I will write about a lot of topics I want to try every week to write at least one post as a testimony of what God has done or is doing in my life.
I also wanted to start a link up party and decided that this topic is what I want to have for my link up party.
I’m calling it Testimony Thursday. And I hope that more of you out there will write posts and link up to my posts.

Let’s overflow the internet world with testimonies of how good our God is! Halleluyah!

So here is my first Testimony Thursday post:

Unfortunately, I sometimes am so occupied in my head, that I forget where I’ve put something. And then there are times that the kids get their hands on something and then it will be lost somewhere in the house.
So last week I was missing an envelope with money. I thought that it would have to be in my bag or if not, in the pocket of my coat. I looked and looked but couldn’t find it anywhere.
I started to think that somebody must’ve taken it or the kids took it out of my bag and it ended up somewhere in the house.
It was money I had to pay to AVON and I panicked a bit at first. I felt really bad and sad. I just had gotten a payment but I needed to get copies for Ix for school and pay a contribution and I needed some other stuff. So it really wasn’t the right time to lose that money.


I prayed and kept searching and from a certain moment I just calmed down and accepted it and tried to make the most of it. I decided to trust God and use my own money to make the payment.
I did use a bit of money for costs for Ixora’ s school and buy a bit of small things that the kids needed and used the rest to make a payment. Normally I would be worried, sad and distressed over this and it would’ve ruined my whole day. But this time I wasn’t. The kids were going to start school and I was rejoicing and happy ,just the way it should be. Glory to God!

I knew the next day a small payment would come in so we would be able to buy some other essentials and put gas in the tank but I didn’t know how the rest of the week would go, but somehow God kept me in peace, trusting Him that it would all work out fine.



Even though, God could’ve easily helped me to find the money I was missing, He used it as an important lesson to me: Not to look at the circumstances and not let anything take my peace, to just stay calm and rejoice because God is in control and He will supply in all my needs according to His riches in glory.

Just like His word says:

'You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you' Isaiah 26:3

God knows how to provide for us and He will, even though we don’t see yet how at that time. It doesn’t matter how because He is in control and we just have to trust Him that everything will work out fine.

So did I find the money in the end? Yes, I did. I found it, right after asking God for money to be able to buy something for the kids a few days later. I don’t remember having my winter coat on, on the last day that I had the money, but I found it in a pocket that wouldn’t open on the day that I was looking for the money. I tried harder this time, just curious to see what was actually inside because I felt a paper.
And there it was… the envelope with money. And I got it right on time. Glory to God!

God is an amazing God, He will use circumstances to teach us and He will never fail to glorify Himself. Halleluyah ! I hope that this testimony has blessed and encourage you.
Please share with me.

What is your testimony today ? Even if it’s short and simple, give God the praise today.

Write it in the comments below or link up your post below.
Have a great and blessed Thursday.

Photobucket

Love,



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se