Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Dear mummy (a letter from my baby girl to me)


This blog post is inspired by this post from 'Little miss momma' and this commercial.
It's a letter to me written from the eyes of my two year old toddler Nevaeh-Divine.

Dear mummy,

I know that you sometimes say ‘no’ when I want to drink mummy milk and that you think that I drink it too much and that you actually want me to stop. But I’m still not ready to do that because like I told you today: ‘I need my pookie.’ from time to time
I love the taste of it and that it’s nice and warm and I love that it makes me feel so close to you. There is no place where I feel safer than in your arms.
And when I'm drinking ‘pookie’ I get to be in your arms for a while.
Thank you for being so patient with me and still letting me drink a lot of the time.

Mummy I know that you got upset when you came to look for Yovannah and I, and noticed that Goldie was missing from the vase where you put him in and when you saw that I was playing with a plastic toy fish in the vase and putting fish food in the vase.
We only wanted to play mummy, and honestly, Yovannah is the one who took Goldie out of the vase and put her back into her dirty tank.
I know you were very upset because you didn’t know where Goldie was (especially after Tiny had just died) and I’m sorry that we gave you such a fright.

Mummy, I love it when you take time to play with me like yesterday when I was hiding behind your back and I was saying ‘Mummy, I can see you.’ And then you turned around to see me and said ‘I can see you too’. I love it that you never get tired even if I go on and on with that game and that you keep playing along with me and that it also makes you laugh the whole time.

Or when we're on  your bed and I bring my foot towards your mouth and you pretend that you’re gobbling it up. It makes me laugh. And I love it that you don’t mind that I keep doing it again and again. And I laugh every time when you pretend to gobble my foot up.

Mummy, I love you. I love to say it lately and then put my arms around your legs and give you a cuddle. I love it that you say :' I love you too baby'  I love that you take care of me and my older sisters. I love how you try to make me happy and give me skirts and dresses to wear which I all call ‘ballerina’. I love that you let me wear them because I like them the best from all my clothes and I actually don’t like to wear other things.
Thank you for giving me room to choose what I wear.
Mummy, I love that you comfort me when I’m sad and that you know just what to do to make me feel better.  I love your cuddles and your kisses and when you rub your nose against my nose.
I love it when you play with my hair while I’m drinking’ pookie’.
I love it when you make me crackers with chocolate spread or when we’re out and about and you’re peeling my apple with your teeth.

I know that I don’t make it easy for you when you need to brush my teeth or when you comb my hair. But I promise when I’m bigger, it will be so much easier for you.

Mummy, I know how you often say to yourself that you want to be a better mum to us, that there are so many things that you want to improve in as a mum.  But mum, you’re doing fine. I know that you’re not perfect. Stil,l someday I want to be just like you. You’re really doing okay. You make sure that we are doing well and we really are and we are happy too. We love it how you always look for fun things to do for us and how you enjoy seeing us enjoying ourselves. You change me, give me baths and dress me and you make sure that I’m fed and that I sleep. But most of all you’re giving me your love and attention. There’s not much more that I need mummy.


You’re doing okay. Trust me.

Love you always,
Your ‘Nevaloo’  (Nevaeh-Divine)

(2 years and three months old)






Love,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t