Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

It's (almost) party time ! (day 14)

It is going to be Yovannahs birthday soon. She is going to be 7 on 6 June. She has been talking about it for months. It is unbelievable how much birthdays mean for little girls. They always look so much forward to it. I ‘ve always tried to make an effort to give them a nice memorable day too. Because I don’t want to take for granted that God has added another year to their life. Some people unfortunately don’t get the chance to see their child get older and so I want to celebrate their life every year again. And it is always nice for the chidren to feel special on their special day.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to give them a lot of parties. But I always still try to do something small and special like going to Mc Donalds, the movies or swimming, just the girls and I. And I usually have some balloons and decorations up and a cake
Especially Yovannah has not had a lot of parties. She has had two small parties so far with about 2- 4 friends and then her sisters. So it would be nice if she could finally have herself a nice party, a little bigger. I definitely would love to do that for her. But I’m not sure yet if that will be an option. Yovannah has quite some friends at school and also where we live.
We have been thinking of ideas for when we decide to do a party at some location.
The ideas that we like and that her friends would probably like are :

Swimming pool party
A lot of her friends have swimming lessons and my girls have been going to swimming lessons too.
And this party would then be at the place where the girls have their swimming lessons. The prices are 8,50 euro per person, including food and drinks.






Pony party
The smallies have started a course called ; ‘pony buddies’ and they really love horses a lot.
One of her friends is doing horse riding and another one loves horses too.
This party would be at the Kids farm where the smallies do their ‘pony buddies’ course.
I have not looked into information on this yet so I am not sure what the prices are.




Ballorig party
This is a party at an indoor play center. Ixora had a few friends (four) there on her last birthday. And she had a party like this in Ireland before. They are always a big success . And for the parent(s) it is quite easy because the center takes care of everything. The kids play and get drinks and food and they have cake. The prices are from about 10 euro per person.



Another idea would be to just try and do a party at home but even though I used to love organizing parties  in the past, I am not sure if I would want to host a party for more than 3 guests. It is a lot of work when you do it at home and just a lot of work doing it alone.
So I think it then would have to be an unofficial party on the afternoon of her birthday and hopefully the weather is good and our bouncy castle has been shipped to us by my mum, so the children can play on that. So the neighbor kids can come and she can ask one friend.
Because I definitely am not looking forward to the stress of a party at home so we will see. I am going to be sure to give her a nice day though whatever we do.
She also really wants to go to Moviepark Germany.  She just told me that she would love to do her party there. I guess maybe if we would go as a family but taking kids there is ofcourse not an option.

I am sure that we will find something nice to do and turn it into a memorable day. We will see...

What do you do for the birthdays of your children ? Which of these parties would you prefer ?
I would love to hear from you.


Love,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t